PAL Mission Statement
Parochial Athletic League (PAL) Mission Statement
The Parochial Athletic League (PAL) is an integral part of the educational mission of the Catholic schools of the Diocese of Sacramento. PAL is dedicated to fostering Christian and Human development, encouraging a positive vision in our young men and women through exercise, example and athletic competition and fully recognizing the dignity of each student in Christ’s image.
With this Mission in mind, the following goals have been determined:
- to build a community which strives to image Christ;
- to develop Christian spirit, school spirit, team spirit and personal acceptance;
- to instill Christian sportsmanship in the life-styles of the participants;
- to teach the participants the proper attitude towards winning, losing and competing with dignity;
- to develop acceptance and appreciation of others;
- to train, instruct and follow athletic/sport rules;
- to develop the students’ physical abilities and coordination;
- to help form well-rounded students by fostering good health habits;
- to provide a Christian environment and outlet for youthful energy;
- to teach the positive value of athletic participation
- to show the necessity of practice, hard work and time management.
These goals are founded upon the principle of the infinite worth of each person because he/she is created in the image and likeness of God.